Join the team and be part of the change.
We are looking for someone to take care of our lovingly created and hand-crafted sites on Gower!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for talented and committed person who can keep our sites looking immaculate and functioning well.
From ensuring our buildings comply with Health and Safety requirements to repairing a damaged section of fencing on our smallholdings, this diverse role will suit someone who feels as comfortable cleaning as they do ensuring our fleet of vehicles are maintained well.
Attention to detail will be essential to identify and problem-solve issues as they emerge across our sites.
Being based on 2 small holdings, the role will include year-round, outdoor-based work as well as manual labour.
It is a critical role which involves connection with our groups so the right person will feel comfortable in and around groups from diverse backgrounds.
Not business as usual
We are most definitely not “business as usual” – as a social enterprise, we are looking for people to join our team who share our values of creating a better world and embracing new ways of working.
We are a hard-working team who believe in creating the change we want to see. This is a role for driven and ambitious individuals who are keen to join a growing organisation.
Working hours and location
This is a full-time position based on 2 sites on Gower, Swansea. There is some flexibility in the hours in the middle of the day but we are looking for a 8am start and 5pm finish to work around our group/team arrival/departure times. Although mainly Monday to Friday, there will also be a need for occasional weekend work. Due to the nature of this role we are unable to offer home-based working.
Grow with us
The future is looking bright at Down to Earth. There are opportunities to have more responsibility, as the role develops, if that works for the right person.
£21,000 to £23,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.
Our Full Time Equivalent (FTE) is based on 37.5 hours per week. In addition to the normal pension contribution, we offer extensive training and team development as well as access to our stunning sites for personal events and generous annual leave entitlement.
Roles and responsibilities
Managing and maintenance of Down to Earth’s facilities to their current high standards. Typical day to day tasks include:
- Building maintenance & repair
- Cleaning all buildings
- Lighting fires in our wood burners
- Booking in and monitoring external contractorsaccording to service intervals
- Monitoring equipment such as fire safety systems& first aid kits
- Monitoring of renewable energy systems andliaising with external contractors
- Simple vehicle maintenance
- Set up and pack down of venues for external bookings
- Land management tasks such as fencing andgardening
- Inventory keeping
- General tidying & grounds care
- General admin duties as required.
This position is starting during the week commencing 6th September 2021 at our Murton site in Swansea (SA3 3AP). Final start date is to be confirmed.
Essential skills & experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working in a similar role
- Attention to detail and pride in maintaining highstandards
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong awareness of Health and Safety legislation and ability to work to risk assessments
- Flexible and responsive attitude to work
- Ability to solve problems
- Happy and able to work outside in all weathers
- Full driving licence.
- Good computer literacy – ability to use basic softwaresuch as Office 365/Outlook etc.
Desirable skills & experience
- Familiarity with renewable energy systems
- Qualification in Facilities Management
- Qualification in Land Management
- Qualification in using a strimmer or chainsaw
- Welsh language ability
Who we are?
We believe we can create a better world – one which is good for people and good for the planet. We believe in tackling inequality and tackling the challenges of sustainability – at the same time – through a new inclusive way of working. We do this through supporting people who are often on the margins of society – believing in people and creating opportunities to build a better world.